Wednesday, August 22, 2012


The following are just some songs I've found 
that work for me. I try to find songs that the 
directors might not have heard 3,000 times that night.


Character role,  female
"My Friend the Dictionary"- 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
"Notice Me, Horton"- Suessical
"I Know Things Now"- Into the Woods
"The Babysitter's Here"- Dar Williams
"Could I Leave You?"- Follies
"Just One Step"- Songs for a New World

Character role (Sondheim) female
"Not Getting Married Today"- Company
"The Miller's Son"- A Little Night Music
"Worst Pies in London"- Sweeney Todd

Contemporary Rock/Alternative, female
"Mama Who Bore Me"- Spring Awakening
"Everything Else"- Next to Normal
"21 Guns"- American Idiot
"I Know it's Today"- Shrek

Lighthearted, (young) female 
"Let Me Entertain You"- Gypsy
"I Enjoy Being a Girl"- Flower Drum Song
"If My Friends Could See Me Now" -Sweet Charity
"Lovely"- A Funny Thing Happened

Mezzo/Soprano Ballads, female
"Nothing is too Wonderful to be True"-Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
"Goodnight My Someone"- Music Man
"I'm Not Afraid of Anything"- Songs for a New World
"Once Upon a Dream"- Jekyll and Hyde

Mezzo Ballads, belt, female
"Not a Day Goes By"- Merrily We Roll Along
"As Long as He Needs Me"- Oliver
"Send in the Clowns"- A Little Night Music

------------------------------------------
Dreamer, (young) male
"Alone in the Universe"- Seussical
"Giants in the Sky"- Into the Woods
"Corner of the Sky"- Pippin
"The Kite"- You're a Good Man Charlie Brown



0 comments:

Post a Comment