Sunday, November 13, 2011

I'm being cajoled into auditioning for into the woods again, which makes me think back mostly with fond memories of the first time I was in it...

My set in blue light for "Into the Woods"

I cannot in good conscious post all of the photos I want to post here without giving you a warning that there are entirely too many... turn back!

That being said, here's a video of one of my favorite moments of the show, Shawn DooLittle singing "No More"...




"Beans, beans? The magic beans, I let him go I didn't know he stole
of my beans. I was watching him crawl back over the wall and
bang, crash, a lightning flash and well that's another story, nevermind..." 
"Do you know what you wish, are you certain what you wish is
what you want? Do you know what you want? Then make a
wish, ask the tree, and you shall have your wish."
"There's no possible way, to describe what you feel when
you're talking to your meal!"
"Our little world is big enough for me, our little world is
everything a world ought to be. Perfect."
"I'd love a red cloak like this." "You'd look pretty foolish."
"When the end is in sight you'll realize if the end is right,
it justifies the beans."
"Agony! Far greater than yours. When you know she would
go with you, if there only were doors!"
"It takes trust. It takes just a bit more and we're done. We want
four, we had none, we've got three, we need one. It takes two."
"Milky white is dead!"
"Princes wait there in the world, it's true. Princes, yes, but
wolves and humans too. Stay with me." 
"A hen? That lays golden eggs?" 
"But then how do you know who you are 'til you know
what you want, which you don't. So then which do you
pick? Where you're safe out of sight and yourself but where
everything's wrong? Or where everything's right
but you know that you'll never belong?"
"One, a cow as white as milk. Two, a cape as red as blood.
Three, the hair as yellow as corn. Four, the slipper as pure as gold."
"I was perfect. I had everything but beauty, I had power.
And a daughter like a flower, in a tower. Then I went into the
woods and now I'm ordinary."
"Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah!"
"Into the woods and out of the woods and happily ever after!" 
"Wishes may bring problems such that you regret them, better
that though then to never get them." 
"You just locked me in a tower for thirteen years and sent me
out into the desert when I was pregnant, and blinded my prince."
"I was just trying to be a good mother."
"Agony, that can cut like a knife! Ah, now back to my wife."
"We don't know where he is!"  
Stalking the narrator.
"Life is often so unpleasant. You must know that, as a peasant,
best to take the moment present, as a present for the moment."
"I was raised to be charming, not sincere."
"Life with my stepmother was a nightmare. And life with
you was a dream. Now I just want something in between."
"Witches can be right. Giants can be good, you decide what's
right, you decide what's good."  
Dead giant.
The giant is gone, but my mother is dead. Who will take care
of me?" "I will, I'll be your mother."
"Tell him the story of how it all happened. Be father and
mother, you'll know what to do."
"And happily ever after! I wish!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment