Wednesday, April 8, 2015



I'm psyched to announce that this July I will be directing "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee" with Lake Plains Players.

I cannot even put into words how excited about this I am. Ever since I saw my sister in Spelling Bee at while she was at college, I knew that I have wanted to be involved in this show.

Spelling Bee is such a great show because while it is an incredible comedy, there's just so much humanity in it... it's so relate-able because while we might not have all been little geniuses, we have all been a pre-teen, we have all felt like we didn't belong, and we have all been made to feel weird or alone. I love that it champions the idea that you should stick to what you love and do your best and you will find acceptance through being who you really are.

One of the sort of surprising things, is that a lot of these characters aren't really very far off from real life... as someone who's never really looked into the world of competitive spelling, I was all too delighted to find the beautiful festival of middle school awkwardness is still very much alive and well in real life.

Enjoy!










0 comments:

Post a Comment