Monday, May 21, 2012



This weekend I went to see "Parade" at the JCC in Brighton with a few of my friends, Susan, Joe and Scott. We all went at Matt's urging, but then at the last moment he could not come, so we braved on without him. I knew next to nothing about the show, other than the fact that Jason Robert Brown was the musical brain behind it. For me, he's a little hit and miss-- yes, I understand we can't be friends anymore "Last 5 Years" people-- so I wasn't really sure what to expect. Here's a synopsis: Leo Frank, a Jewish factory owner, is put on trial for the murder of 13-year-old Mary Phagan. Desperate for someone to blame, the people of Atlanta convict him, but his wife stands by his side through it all, sure of his innocence. It is based on a true story.

I had never been to the theater before and I was impressed by the stage itself and the quality of the show there. They had so many overhead bars for scenery, and excellent lighting. I was drooling with envy. The performance itself was also really great. The cast was large, but competent, and the leads were noteworthy. There were very few weak moments in the show, and none that stood out enough for me to remember now. Me, the girl with the stone heart when it comes to entertainment, teared up about 3 times and was full on crying during curtain call. (which feels ridiculous, by the way). Congrats to the cast and crew, it was an excellent performance. Here are some highlights from the show when it was done in LA.



0 comments:

Post a Comment