Tuesday, January 25, 2011

So I recently snagged a temp-ish job at a tax place for at least the duration of tax season this year to supplement my "wonderful journey" into the world of retail in 2011, and while I don't necessarily agree with the sentiment, I cannot walk into work without thinking of this:



Haha. It's a blessing and a curse. Anyway, to the point... a direction I do not always follow.

On my first or second day of work, I was eating lunch with a few ladies, and one of them was talking about two little boys who were adopted by her sister. In the middle of this, somehow she got to, "kids have imagination, but I'm not sure adults do." The sentiment absolutely blindsided me and it has stuck with me through the last week despite everything else that has been going on.

I realize accountants are not traditionally hailed as the most imaginative or creative bunch of people who have ever walked the earth, but I can honestly say that I was legitimately saddened because a lot of the time she is probably correct. Since then I've tried to set aside a little time every day to create or think or wonder because I believe that its not only vital to me as a designer or performer, but as a person as well.

What are you doing to keep your inner imagination thriving? I think it's been proven too many times that if you don't exercise it, inspiration will find a more willing vessel.



"Logic will get you from point A to point B, imagination will get you anywhere" -Albert Einstein

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

"For my part I know nothing with certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream" -Vincent van Gough

"Its fun to do the impossible"- Walt Disney

0 comments:

Post a Comment