Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Design by  http://meanmommyacademy.blogspot.com

 "A" at Life after 9 passed on a "Liebster Award" to me. This is a super sweet award that other bloggers can give to a small blog that they think is pretty cool. I did some research and I guess, it originally was just a "post 5 of your favorite awesome/unknown blogs and pay-it-forward," kind of thing. Mine, however, had a few more rules that came along with it... 


Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you will be giving the award to.
4. Choose 11 people to award and send them a link to your post.
5. Go to their page and tell them.
6. No tag backs.  

These last 3 ring a little chain-lettery to me, so I have chosen to ignore them, and instead will go back to the basics and link you to a couple splendid blogs I follow ... this isn't normally something I'd post, but I'm sick in bed presently and it's this or stare at the ceiling, read ahead at your own peril. 



Things about me, since I'm oh so interesting. 

1. I am fascinated by languages. I want to learn Korean and German.
2. If I could travel anywhere, I'd go to the UAE, probably Dubai.
3. I get incredibly anxious when I have to deal with money, this will be a fun quality for my spouse to deal with some day.
4. I believe in both paranormal and spiritual things, and I think that if things happen that I can neither see nor explain then it adds a richness and welcome mysteriousness to life. 
5. I almost never cry in movies, a book however...
6. I have a theater bucket list, each time a role had reached number one so far, I have thankfully been asked to play it.
7. I want to get a tattoo. I cannot rectify this with my current budget.
8. I read much more quickly than most people, which is perhaps why I think it's so fun.
9. I actually ask someone to sing me "Soft Kitty" when I'm sick. It does make me feel better.
10. I have a stuffed alpaca-fur teddy bear that I sleep with still, his name is Winston. My roommate in college told me he looked like the abominable snowman. 
11. I understand these men, but these ones mystify me.


A's, from Life After 9's, questions for me:  


As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
In elementary school I wanted to be a marine biologist... I loved Lisa Frank. And it seemed a logical jump from that to marine biologist. Pfft, science. Forget swimming! It was all about the penguins, dolphins, and rainbows. 


 What is the top item on your "Bucket List"?
I would like to have a song written for me, not necessarily about me, but for me. I was thiiis close once, but things never panned out. I'm still waiting. 

Why did you start blogging?
Well here's something you may not know, I have two blogs, both for different reasons... For my "Happiness Blog" ... it's just a collection. I had a livejournal in High School because all my friends did (yes I did link it!). Embarrassingly enough I posted on it until about 2009. I moved to Blogger because it was cooler. I've always been a journaler,  since about fifth grade, so blogging kind of seemed like a natural extension of that.  Plus, I dig embedding media into posts. My other blog, "Letters" is linked up at the top of my page and has a pretty clear mission statement of sorts on it. 

What female character do you most identify with? 
I can't even begin. My brain just exploded. The one that just came to mind was the narrator from Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier. There are 1,000 more.

What is your favorite scent and why?
Leaves in fall. Fresh & crisp. 

Where were you when 9/11 happened?
I was in my middle school auditorium getting my 7th grade picture taken. They had a TV with the news on to keep us busy while we were waiting. It sort of back-fired.

Who was your first crush?
Celebrity: Leonardo DiCaprio circa Titanic. I had a poster in my room. Real Life: 4th grade, Timmy Newton, I was pretty sure we were going to get married but then he moved to California. We sat at the same table in class. 

What is your favorite outfit?
Right now, it's skinny jeans, knee high boots, and an oversized sweater or girly blouse. 

Do you have any pets?
Marilyn and Macey, affectionately termed the fluffins.  (Aliases Marbear and Macerz) #catlady

What is your idea of a "perfect day"?
Weather-wise, about 75 degrees, overcast, windy, like right before a big storm blows in, in the summer. Activity wise, having an adventure with someone I love. 

We will end with an oldie but a goodie: If you were stranded on a dessert island...what would you bring and why?
Cliche, but a Bible.





Blogs to check out 

Not super personal blogs:
Lindsey at Little Garden
Danielle at I Like Boring Things
Amelia at Fotografia
Aena at NY Style

Personal blogs:
Heather at Scribble and Scrabble
Leslie at Coffee,Cats, Ken, Kids and Me
plus "A" at Life After 9



1 comments:

  1. Hey for some reason I missed this when you posted it, but thanks for linking to mine. I've been feeling very invisible on my blog lately. (not really any more than usual, I just wish I felt like people would read and comment on it) So I know that what I say might actually make a difference to someone!

    ReplyDelete