Friday, April 20, 2012


I feel so blessed to have the opportunity that I do at this very moment to be playing my favorite role in my favorite show. I'm mid-rehearsal cycle for Stephen Sondheim's stream of conscious show about love and relationships, "Company."


I'll be portraying Robert's crazy best friend, Amy, whom we catch a glimpse of on the morning of her wedding to her long time partner, Paul. The part has always been one of my favorites because it encompassing a really endearing sweetness with a cornucopia of other emotions that get thrown out so quickly and comically that, in my humble opinion, it's impossible not to fall in love with her. She also gets one of the most challenging songs in the show, which, if played right, can be extremely impressive. There's also a rather large potential for disaster! Haha!



As some fun inspiration I found some wedding photos from the 70s, which is when our show will be set. I have no idea who any of these people are, but let me take a moment to thank them. 






0 comments:

Post a Comment